Sunday, October 13, 2013

It's Like Buttah

          I had a strange and uncomfortable dream in which I was in a crowd of hundreds of people, milling about in a theme park-y, Zoom Flume-y location at night. Some torches and orange lights illuminated the crowd. I found myself by a street as a parade was passing by, and I was killing time until I had to solo the national anthem on trumpet in a little while. I smoked out of glass that appeared in my hand, and looked to my right into the questioning eyes of JL. He looked me up and down and asked, "Are you gonna be good to play?" I tried a nonchalant "Yeah," and after another look, he walked off. I guess I was off the hook.
          I took this dream as a sign, and became summarily blazed while accomplishing much cooking, cleaning and organizing of my chambers and the living room. All of this was done in the course of a one-man apartment-rocking music party, and I had a great time. Peter, Jared and Alaric joined me for some Super Smash Bros. (long since abbreviated to "Smash") and then a venture to Tasty Burger, for which Cira and Haley also came along. In accordance with our new tradition, if that is an acceptable phrase, I was the one to spring for a Butta Burger this time. It is monstrous. Where Jared was swiftly stomach-bludgeoned into motionlessness, I suffered from deranged thought processes. My stomach was actually screaming at my mind, "Stop! What are you doing to me?" Our waitress came to the table and asked how we were doing, and I replied with, "How are you?" In the end, I am proud to say I did it. Peter is next to get butta'd. While at Tasty Burger, we also watched the Patriots squeak a glorious win over the Saints. I've said it before: the North will rise again. A very long walk home led to another sleepy viewing of The Usual Suspects, more Smash, and finally a contemplative stogie walk with Alaric out into Mission Hill.
          Quotes of the day:
"Never leave a fry behind." - Alaric
"Oh, jesus! Milkify me, cap'n!" - Alaric
"Bring out the honeybees, 'cause we got that buzz." - Alaric

No comments:

Post a Comment