Work was a full day of running all around the block. This included a trip to court, a trip to the bank, and two trips to Staples, all before noon. I went there again in the afternoon and picked out a printer for the office; naturally, the previous one failed just as Staples is moving all of its stock to another location down the street, so the pickings were extremely slim in the store. We were forced to just order a new one, meaning that my capacity to get work done is substantially reduced until next Tuesday or so. In other news, everything I believed was a lie: Logan isn't coming this weekend because of a busted gas line, and I have to work on Columbus Day.
I got far too drunk with Seth, Alaric, Peter and Clay at Peter's place before the men's hockey game versus the University of Alabama at Huntsville. First off, I'm surprised that they know what hockey is in Alabama. When we arrived on the scene, my coordination was exceptionally FUBAR and I did my best not to make eye contact with JL. Luckily for me, the band would not be taking itself too seriously this evening. With five minutes still left in the first period, the score was Huskies 4-0, and we had 26 shots on goal to their lonely 1. Before the game was up, several of us had taken a ridiculous selfie and sent it to everyone including JL, much music was played, and the score rounded out at 9-1. Afterward, we had no choice but to zoom back over to Peter's and return to our previous, drunken state; this time, the company was Peter, Alaric, Haley, Inspector Malcolm, Becky, Claire, and her friend from home, Corel. A copious amount of Kings was followed by an attempt at The Usual Suspects, during which everyone passed out. I couldn't find my keys when I got home, so I had to knock on the front window to get in for the night. Hopefully they turn up at Peter's.
Quote of the day:
"I've given Staples enough money, I should be on the board there." - Jeremy
"We're going with '90s FCC rules here." - Peter
"Don't hug me, I have to pee!" - Haley
Also, Staples has been infiltrated by at least one punny, Anthony's-sense-of-humor-having bastard:
"Rewards made easier. Congratulations! You are now registered for an easier way to track your rewards and purchases. Be sure to stop back often and see just how much you're earning. It'll be, dare we say, rewarding."
No comments:
Post a Comment