Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Beards Across America

          Notes for this entry were lost.

          I watched the final game of the World Series at Peter's with him, Iris, Clay, Ryan L, Molly, Haley, Alaric, and a friend of Molly's who I've never met before.  Early in the game, I called the score at 6-2 Red Sox; it landed at 6-1, which I think is close enough. Everyone but Ryan L, Iris and I left early to get over to Fenway before the end of the game, but I was content with sitting and watching from the safety of the dorm. My favorite moment: Jacoby Ellsbury running back and forth between two bases as the Cards tried and failed to tag him out. (Click here.) After the victory, people were going nuts out on the street all night. I'm not primarily a Sox fan, but it's satisfying that they won at home after such a long drought.
          Quotes of the day:
"Somebody's hitting a way early menopause." - Junie, re: Lisa
"This is my identification." - Peter, re: moustaches
"Two Phillies fans were fighting each other. They were on the same team. One guy had a little girl with him. The other one poured his beer on the little girl's head. Philly." - Peter
"It's the Diversity Quartet!" - Ryan L
"The Apple store is an old people magnet." - Ryan L
...
Alaric: "That is a chinstrap. That is actually a strap around his chin."
Peter: "It holds his hair on."

No comments:

Post a Comment