Thursday, December 12, 2013

And Everything Seemed To Be Going So Well; or, Katerina Cook-a Da Chicken

          I slept through my alarm and got into work about half an hour late. The task I've been stuck on recently is a set of financial disclosure forms for a couple who are going through an uncontested divorce, and the process of revising them over and over again is a tremendous pain. Their finances are shared such that it's impossible to tease out who paid for what expenses, and their self-employment means they're subject to all kinds of obscure tax forms. Not to mention, getting information from the overworked, hyper-stressed wife is like drawing blood from a stone. I struggled with this all day. My last scheduled day working here will be December 20th.
          Iris and I baked a whole chicken this evening, rubbed down with garlic butter and stuffed with chopped onions. I am very proud of my chicken. Later, we watched Miyazaki relic The Cat Returns with Alaric and Sean. A cool, fairy-tale strangeness pervades the entire film, but the character development (flat at times, predictable at others) and super deus ex machina ending took away some points for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment