When I left for work, the skies were darkly overcast and roiling -- perfect Friday weather. Work was blessedly quiet, though I did spend more time drooling on my keyboard while researching motions to dismiss based on lack of venue. Later, Iris and I went to Tasty Burger and were seated just inside the door, where we ordered and then waited for more than half an hour. People came in, were seated next to us, and got their food, all while we sat there. Our table was three feet from the server station, but our waitress was oblivious. At last, she realized there was nothing on the table and got our orders to the kitchen. I was pissed off for a while, though they did comp some of the meal to make up for the oversight. Regardless, any conscientious server should at least look at their tables on a regular basis, so we left a crappy tip and bailed after gobbling up our food. This is the first time I've had less than superb service at Tasty Burger.
Back at the apartment, we had a very successful Christmas party of sorts. The highlight of the evening was a rousing game of Battleshots between me, Jared, and Tori (after Becky quit the team) versus Alaric, Malcolm, and Nathan. After some initial losses, our sneaky ship placement bought us enough time to edge a glorious victory. The rest of the night was typical 1023 revelry, so, in other words, awesome.
Quote of the day:
"Can I touch your eyebrows?" - Iris
No comments:
Post a Comment