Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Just Hand Me the Gun

          I succumbed to sleep at maybe 11 last night, but woke up naturally at 6:45, feeling quite awake. Consequently, I was unfortunately alert for the women's hockey game versus BU. It was an archetypal love story: Boy meets girl. Boy and girl fall in love, marry and have a son. The son watches in horror with the rest of the band as the Huskies blow a 2-0 lead for a 5-2, final goal empty net Terriers victory. Feeling unclean, I joined Alaric, Sean and Iris to watch an early Miyazaki effort titled Porco Rosso -- "Red Pig". It was very rough compared to his newer work, but fun all the same. The scene with the ghostly aircraft graveyard was downright chilling, but the over-the-top goofiness of most of the film was something of a turn-off. The ending was abrupt and inconclusive, as well. I don't regret watching it, but I think I will relegate further viewings to other Miyazaki films.
          Quotes of the day:
"Breakin' necks and cashin' checks." - Luke
"...Steve Jobs' spectral dick..." - me

No comments:

Post a Comment