I spent a couple of hours straightening up the apartment before I left for a board game night at Claire's place. First, I went to the liquor store and Kang's for supplies, but was locked into a phone call with my mother and consequently showed up late. I'd run into Griffin on the way and handed him my chess set; when I got there, he and Claire were in a game where he had the slight upper hand. I took her place while she made a batch of pina coladas, and I clawed back the leading edge. A few stupid moves by both of us led to an ending stalemate. Jake and Jared came as well, and I played a couple rounds of Pandemic with those two. A virus which I dubbed "Ebola" killed us within twenty minutes in the first playthrough, mainly due to bad luck with the cards. We were doing well in a second attempt, but narrowly lost after a couple of bad draws. Finally, along with Claire's roommates -- who all seem cool and down to earth, even the Devils fan -- we played a round of Taboo. Under my capable leadership, Team Y Chromosome fared pretty well.
I met with Emily on the way home, and we came back to the apartment intending to watch a movie. My roommates' Korra watch party had ended some time before; I asked for access to the television "within the hour", but Sean was sluggish in clearing the place out. By the time people left, it was too late and we ended up just smoking hookah and listening to music with Niki, Alaric, and Nathan for a while. The two of us stayed up and talked for a while longer before crashing.
Quotes of the day:
"I'm not paying attention to you, I'm paying attention to myself." - Emily
"I was thinking about Eric Clapton in the shower. ...But not in that way!" - Emily
No comments:
Post a Comment