The weather has been unseasonably warm, even summery, for the last two or three days. Today, it poured. Highlight of work: throwing my shoulder into a large, oaken desk in an attempt to budge it and nearly smashing a swanky lamp. I got off the Green Line a stop early for a powwow with JL at the band office. None of us were sure what these meetings held in store -- were we getting chewed out? did JL want to get our individual views on a sensitive issue without groupthink? -- but my pet theory was that we'd be individually pressured re: the implementation of dues. Instead, it was a quiet meeting in which a handbook for each council position was suggested, I refused to back down on the spreadsheet joke incident, and we had a little heart-to-heart about top-down leadership styles and their effects. Even when he's joking around, JL can be a pretty somber dude, so it's hard to discern his emotions in the moment. I moved some polos that needed moving in order to appease him, just in case. I then fought through the rain to buy liquor for a friend in IV (Hollywood Liquors represent!) Home at last, I watched the season 3 finale of The Sopranos with the boys, and then Parks & Rec until I passed out.
Hockey update: The Rangers very narrowly beat the winless Hurricanes, who are missing three of their top players, 2-1 in the shootout. Too close for comfort. The Islanders unfortunately won over the Sharks, 4-3 in the shootout, ending San Jose's unbeaten streak (ouch.) I also delivered a prophecy. The Avalanche was on the power play and already up 3-2 over the Senators, and these were my words: "The Sens will kill this, score, then score again." The penalty was killed and the Senators scored twice in the next six minutes. All I failed to call was their fifth, game-sealing goal to make it 5-3. Pesky Senators are best Senators.
Quote of the day:
"I love all these 'demo' signs on the walls. This is what they do when you get your leg amputated." - Jodi
No comments:
Post a Comment