Monday, October 6, 2014

Snowblind

          I dreamed that I was on Hunter Mountain, skiing far too quickly. I was surely terrified, but a very warm feeling was coming from somewhere deep in my soul. When I woke up, my first thought was of waxing my skis. I worked from 8 to 8 at work in a tremendous file room-clearing effort, as the firm is preparing for the construction of new offices. They ordered in food for us, and I selected a large noodle dish from Wagamama that was practically two meals. We chatted over dinner before returning to the filing grind for another hour or two. Other highlights: Eating a lot of chocolate, from Ghirardelli squares to Turtles to Reese's Cups; freaking out when a key seemed to be missing and then discovering it in a box. The others graciously waited for me at home, and when I finally arrived with a new leather chair in tow, we watched the third episode of Gotham. I'm enjoying the rendition of Barbara Gordon as a smart, beautiful woman with her own intrigues, but without that hyper-naggy quality that such characters are often burdened with.

No comments:

Post a Comment