Wednesday, October 29, 2014

It Does Nothing!

Note: I'm proud that I've finally caught up on entries, having fallen three months behind. Here's hoping I can keep the lag to less than a week at the longest.

          There are no straight answers on Walter's condition yet; with luck, he'll make a speedy recovery. Another disgusting piece of news: Keytar Bear, that Bruins-jersey-and-bear-suit-wearing busker, was attacked and robbed at knifepoint last night. I just tipped this guy for brightening my day, and this is the thanks he gets? Two people filmed the incident on their smartphones, even as he was slashed in the face. New lows of human behavior don't surprise me anymore, but I still have the capacity to get angry about it. I got past a few sticky tasks that have been bugging me for a while, and felt good about my work at the end of the day.
          John Moore received a well-deserved 5-game suspension for headhunting Erik Haula; it sucks for my team, but I think it should have been a longer punishment given his repeat offender status. After work, I met Iris and we went to the apartment to watch hockey. As the Red Wings battled the Capitals in a dubious Wednesday Night Rivalry, Iris baked for the first time, to no discernible effect. I was pulling for the Red Wings and fell asleep with the Capitals up 2-1. Detroit ended up winning 4-2, so I guess that napping is a good luck charm for my teams; the others went to Tasty Burger and put on Parks and Rec. The dialogue from the show crept into my dreams and was delivered by random characters; it felt surreal when I woke and the same voices I'd just been listening to were coming out of different mouths. There was also a mushroom burger plopped right in front of me, and my bewilderment turned to joy as the burger went into my face.
          Quote of the day:
"This is just further proof that this one's gonna live forever." - Kara, re: Harold

No comments:

Post a Comment