Thursday, May 7, 2015

Bleach House

          My first waking thought for today was, "I FEEL IT..." I got up to go play with the band at CommencementFest, where we were first made to dance for the crowd and then got to perform a few songs on a smaller stage. Sabrina played the part of superfan and there were all sorts of free food and mocktails to be had -- all in all, not a bad way to spend a few hours. Part of the excitement was also having the chance to blow away parents and relatives who hadn't seen us in action before. I used some downtime to return a few books before meeting Iris at Symphony Sushi, meeting Katharine again in the process. After dinner I traveled to Allston to remain low-key with Julia, Jennifer and Cara, doing a crossword puzzle and exchanging banter. I somehow got myself turned around after diverging from my usual path home and walked several blocks in the wrong direction, but it was kind of fun finding the way back on unfamiliar streets.
          Quotes of the day:
"Too little, too late. No wait, too much too soon!" - Julia
"I bleached my shoes because they were yellow from so much pee." - Jennifer
"That reminds me of my butt... idea." - Jennifer

Playoff section:
East
TBL v. MTL: 3 - 1        I was wondering when Montreal was going to do something in this series. A
                                       6-2 rout in Florida, and they avoid the sweep.
WSH v. NYR: 3 - 1
West
MIN v. CHI: 0 - 4         Late comeback by the Wild was insufficient; Chicago sweeps. I can feel my
                                        brain repressing this memory already.
CGY v. ANA: 1 - 2

No comments:

Post a Comment