I got up to volunteer at the Yawkey Boys & Girls Club, joining Amy and some colleagues for the day's activities. We played a "most efficient path"-type game with rotating groups of kids; one or two of my groups were wholly uncooperative, but another impressed me with their drive to get the most efficient solution. I even scored a free Northeastern shirt for Ryan (actually kid-sized this time!) When I got home, Jules, Emily and Nathan were all still there, so we watched two episodes of The Wire, then Total Recall (the original, and way better than expected!), and finally RoboCop (not the original, and decidedly mediocre. Decent action flick, though.) Highlights of each: seeing "Baltimore" on everything in The Wire; Total Recall's creepy "is it real or nah?" atmosphere; the set designers on RoboCop including two or three pieces of Red Wings memorabilia to flesh out the father/son relationship a bit. Rest in peace, Wings...
Playoff section:
East
TBL v. MTL: 1 - 0
WSH v. NYR: 1 - 1 3-2 NY! Kreider, Brassard, and an improbable snipe by Dan Boyle.
West
MIN v. CHI: 0 - 1
CGY v. ANA: 0 - 1
No comments:
Post a Comment