Tuesday, May 26, 2015

REFUSE TO LOSE

          I rose around 8 with no trace of a headache and started my Macro assignment, but still failed to get all the way through it prior to class. I was on the phone with my mother for a long period after class -- my grandfather is doing okay, less agitated than before, but getting forgetful. My aunt out there is sick and it's getting harder for her to help. I took my mind off these things by making over the apartment, but the smell of melting plastic billowed out of the dishwasher and infected every room for hours.
          In the evening I met Alanna at Curry for her radio show (back to back time slots were a perfect idea, by the way) and then Jennifer for mine. We had some fun with the broadcast, and each read a piece of poetry or something approximating poetry. Jennifer dictated from Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, and I read Aedh Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven by W.B. Yeats. Jennifer bet me $50 that the Republicans would beat Hillary Clinton, a notion I rejected out of hand (though I still took the bet.) I planned a little party for Friday and went home to pass out in happiness because THE RANGERS WON GAME SIX 7-3 BOIIIIII! WE STILL IN THIS!

Playoff section:
ECF: TBL v. NYR: 3 - 3          Blessed be Brother Brassard! Hat trick in a 7-3 roll!
WCF: ANA v. CHI: 3 - 2

.     .     .     .     .

Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,  
Enwrought with golden and silver light,  
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths  
Of night and light and the half light,  
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;  
I have spread my dreams under your feet;  
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment