Monday, December 28, 2015
How Sweet It Is
I watched the "last" five episodes of Narcos. I think this is a personal record for fastest completion of a show, and wow, is it good. There's a kind of emptiness in the spot it had so briefly occupied on my watchlist, as if it had slipped through my fingers like sand. It feels surreal to aggressively binge such intense material, especially with questionable sleep habits. I think I took a nap after that, though it's hard to say; time was all flowing together at this point. Though it was chilly out, something told me to go out on the deck, and I did. For a few minutes, I stood and observed the neighborhood; many songbirds were calling out from the stand of trees between Fisher and the street below. I was admiring their song when the wind lifted up, they all silenced at once and flashed out of the trees in a single wave. They soared high and wide of the trees, leveled and flew west. The morning was still and cold; something about this felt meaningful. I braved the cold again to do the laundry, fittingly completed the 24-hour achievement at 11:20 a.m., and cleaned up the trash in our backyard courtesy of the bros upstairs. I hit the wall and resigned to sleep in the middle of the afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment