Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Stars of Track and Field

          My last day of work this year went on far too long, just like last time. I spent three hours messing around in Constant Contact thanks to some very exacting demands from a client. I stayed until 8:30 p.m. doing Drupal work and more or less finishing the VHS project -- a twelve hour day, and no overtime to speak of! At least the company bought everyone lunch from Tatte, seeing as there were only five or eight people in the office -- I tried lamb for the first time in a meatball sub. I also shit three times today, which speaks to the power of coffee and Red Bull mixing in the human stomach. A blowing rain battered me on the long, happy walk to Community College, but I was overjoyed. I liked my job there, but I'm ready to move on to another phase of my life, one where I'm not reading about cancer every day. Not yet, anyway.
          After work, Kofi came over to play pong, order College Pizza, and watch the super bizarre Battle Royale. I had thought this movie was animated, probably thinking of the manga version. Though the effects have not aged too well, BR still wields a brutal power. It's hyper-violent, and the effect is sharpened by its strange dreamlike quality. The soundtrack is phenomenal, especially during the part with the fire. (No spoilers here!) Internet business: I registered for a hockeyfights account; I unsubscribed from Martin O'Malley campaign emails with this note: "I never gave you my email. You're Sanders-lite anyway."

.     .     .     .     .

"Come at me! Every inch of me will resist you!" - Chigusa #13

No comments:

Post a Comment