Thursday, December 10, 2015
Year of the Dog
The office was somewhat hung over in the morning -- at least the grunts who have to show up early, like me -- but it was a simple day without much to do outside of sorting those VHS tapes. At home, I started to write Alanna a letter and promptly trashed it. I read Show Them, Martin St. Louis's recent essay for the Player's Tribune, and almost cried again. (Click here to read; this piece captures a lot of what it is to be a fan. Also includes that goal that always makes me water up.) It was a great night for hockey: Montreal lost to Detroit, Washington lost to Florida (kek), St. Louis lost to Philadelphia in their own house, and the Predators mauled the Blackhawks 5-1 -- the only thing that could have improved Darling waving at the puck was if it had been Crawford in net instead. Too bad the Rangers didn't play tonight (though I guess they would have lost, so.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment