The weather today was cloudy and slightly chilly, and I felt great (if very tired) heading for my American Government midterm. It turned out that the four hours I'd spent flipping through back issues of the New York Times was wasted; the only question relating to the Times was extra credit and asked for a favorite article and its author. Later, I blew off steam and listened to Heather's radio show on WRBB; the music selection was really fantastic and I sang along to two or three of the songs. (Sublime's "Santeria," in particular, hit the spot today.) I got a minuscule shout out after Heather and Amy heaped praise on Iris; Alaric tuned in forty minutes late and also received a mention.
Though my mood was elevated for some time, I was really aggravated to discover that the band party -- a journey-through-time Now That's What I Call Music! party, and Tim's brainchild -- was moved from Friday to Saturday night. Having planned my own gathering for that night, dubbed "Keeping America Safe," I'm faced with the possibility of losing a few people as well as missing an opportunity to see the seniors. This was only worsened by having to watch Oklahoma!, a three-hour filming of the play as performed by Hugh Jackman and company, in my spare time. Sabrina and I derived a good deal of enjoyment from numerous aspects of the film, but it was spiteful mirth through and through.
Quote of the day:
Alaric: "The more you tighten your grip, the more star systems will slip through your fingers."
Me: "Sounds like my first time."
No comments:
Post a Comment