Wednesday, February 1, 2012

#ladieslist

          For a moment, picture this: a Batman film featuring the Riddler and Mr. Freeze, played straight. Imagine Joseph Gordon-Levitt as the calculating, ruthless Riddler and Robin Williams as a sympathetic "villain" in search of a cure for his wife. And despite the cons, I loved Christian Bale's take on Batman. This movie would make my life. Major motion picture studios, take notice.
          I lost my Husky Card today. At noon I headed for a meeting with my musicals TA to score a scene from Music Man, and upon my return I discovered that my card was missing. I quickly retraced my steps, but the card was nowhere to be found. Luckily, someone turned it in at the registrar's office and I recovered it before I experienced any problems. Interestingly, they called my mother to tell her I lost my card, but didn't call my cell phone, despite the fact that I've given them my contact info probably over one hundred times.
          It's a good week to be in the Rageous Band. I'm going on tour from February 18th to the 20th; we're going to NYC to play in the dinosaur room of some museum or another. Alanna is going also, and hopefully some others I know. Friday brings us a men's hockey game and ensuing festivities, which should be a nice finish to the week. Though I wasn't in attendance at the game last night, our women's hockey team beat Boston College in a shootout, which means that next week we're going toe to toe with Boston University; our record with them is 1-1. My "Beat BU" shirt is clean. My body is ready.
          Alaric and I crusaded against Sarah, Meredith and Lauren B's campaign of posting "attractive men" (read: nearly nude men) on Facebook with our own barrage of beautiful women, targeted at Sarah's wall. Fifty photos made up the volley of aesthetic brilliance, and a photo of the great Sandow closed the occasion resoundingly. #ladieslist is born.
          Quote of the day:
Not a specific quote, but Alaric's "supreme toolcake" and my "tumbling dickweed" provided some amusement.

No comments:

Post a Comment