I cannot express how happy I am that Friday is here. This has been one of the longest weeks I've had, and we only had four days of school. I must acknowledge that I had sixteen cumulative hours of sleep for the past four days, until a long nap this afternoon. It's amusing to me that I did the math out loud -- four plus four plus three and half plus four and a half -- came up with twelve, believed it and everyone else bought it too. This came to a head in musicals today, where I attempted to describe an unintentionally funny scene in Oklahoma! and fell into a convulsive laughing fit. It lasted three to four minutes, I teared up a lot, and I had to leave for a drink briefly. Feinstein gave four assignments for the three days between Tuesday morning and Friday morning, and his unrealistic expectations are crazier by the day; we're to write an entire ten-minute script by Tuesday. At least I got to use the phrase "cleavage of symbolism, overalls of wholesomeness" in a classroom setting.
The hockey game was the first of another weekend twofer with Maine, this time against the men's hockey team. They injured two of our guys -- one was dripping blood in the corner near us -- but we returned to break them in a vengeful 4-2 win, making that three wins against Maine out of four. They have been doghoused thrice, and tomorrow could make that a fourth occasion. We can only hope.
After the game, Alaric, Alanna and I braved the rain and hit the Berklee Boloco for free burritos. They were unexpectedly delicious (I'm not the greatest fan of Mexican food.) We went back to IV and played a four-man TF2 session; I use "man" figuratively, and Alanna borrowed Sabrina's computer. Some hours passed, Alanna fell asleep and I curled up to sleep in the underfortress.
Quotes of the day (loads of useful engine jokes in here):
"There are a lot of existential things to talk about there." - Professor Feinstein, on a musical with singing lobsters
"I can reign over toddlers." - Gordon, the most useful engine
"It's because they're two rows of saxes, they're messing it up." - Gordon, the most useful engine
"It's clearly not sturdy enough." - Gordon, the most useful engine
"We can't just do one because there's not enough time." - Gordon, the most useful engine
"Not everyone's a pro, Alex." - Gordon, the most useful engine
...
Alanna: "That's not fair, it took two of you."
Me: "That's not your line."
...
Me: "This could be a quadruple doghousing."
Alanna: "Does that mean I can get doubly drunk?"
No comments:
Post a Comment