Thanks to my untimely slumber, I actually got eight or nine hours of sleep last night and feel unusually rested. This means that I was wide awake for Comp Pols, and the herp was thoroughly derped today. One girl pronounced "regime" as "regimay," and another tried out this brilliant argument: "I know that a totalitarian government needs to control every aspect of life. China is totalitarian even if the economy is more free." It did turn out that she's half Tibetan, so the clouding of judgment is understandable. In American Gov, I learned that there are tunnels underneath Congress that slaves stocked with huge blocks of ice in order to cool the chambers. Also, someone implied that the United States interferes in foreign affairs because of its "values" or something. They seem to have overlooked our complete lack of aid to many countries that could use it most, instead serving our political interests in others. I understand the pragmatism at work, but I think that U.S. citizens should recognize it for what it is.
We had our one and only rehearsal for the band tour this weekend. Along with some exceedingly lame Concert Band material, Mr. Leonard picked some very iffy Rageous Band pieces as well -- YMCA, I Get Around, and Disco Inferno. Later, Heather and I attempted to watch The Godfather, Part Two, but were stymied by its excessive length. We vowed to finish it before the week is through.
Quotes of the day:
"Rolling make shirt crooked." - Iris
And this.
Mr. Leonard: "Let's play this with a bit of the sensibility that comes with playing in a concert band."
Clay: "...We're playing a song called 'Disco Inferno.'"
No comments:
Post a Comment