Iris left for the weekend, so we spent some time together prior to her departure; unfortunately, it was cut short by an ill-timed fire drill. I did manage to snag some provisions on the way out the door -- Nutella and Ritz crackers. Shortly afterward, we headed out for the men's hockey game versus UMass. The Huskies quickly lost a 2-0 lead as UMass tied up the game, and a No T O.T. was had. Readers: No T O.T. is a phenomenon wherein Husky fans remove their shirts during overtime in men's hockey games. There have been many treatises on No T O.T., but I will sum it up thusly: shit gets real. Only 22 seconds into the overtime, the Huskies copped a goal for the win. The ensuing jubilation shook the heavens.
After a quick retreat to IV, Sabrina, Alaric, Alanna, Anthony and I headed for Starkey's. There, we acquainted ourselves with upperclassmen, played Smack-a-Bitch, and danced to the 10 hour loop of the Epic Sax Guy from "Run Away" by Sunstroke Project. Starkey's place is roughly a mile straight back about a mile beyond the police HQ outside my window. After returning home, I strategically deployed the frozen quesadillas I bought since halfway through last semester; this proved to be a well-considered move.
Quotes of the day:
"Walk down Parker. When you hear gunfire turn right on to Tremont." - Tim
"There's no such thing as a good idea. There are only great ideas." - Peter
Also this.
Alaric: "I'm not doing this for the points, I'm doing it because I love the band."
Me: "Out of the goodness of your heart."
Alaric: "Out of the rageousness of my fist."
And some mini intros for people who've been mentioned.
Alanna - A trumpet aficionado who lives in Melvin, which is near the MFA and as close as you get to the Fens. We first met as physics majors and have subsequently bro'd it up while holding the band together at critical moments (we were the only trumpets at a recent game.) She has a great sense of humor and is quite helpful in our quest to develop new taunts.
Anthony - Another band bro who I met in physics, Anthony is the only other person I know on the second floor after Heather. He plays alto sax with Alaric and has been chilling with us more frequently, a welcome addition to the devotees of the ninth floor.
Chris - A Tetris addict who sleeps a lot and is often occupied with Filipino duties. He lives with Ryan and a round stuffed fox named Focksi. Chris is a member of the proper side of the Tremont Schism and keeps a low profile in the dorm when not battling Lauren.
No comments:
Post a Comment