I left Lauren B a card today. She was sick last night, so I was sure to make her very photorealistic on the card for maximum sympathy. I think she likes it. I also had a wildly scary dream about running through Roxbury, pursued by several gangs of white bearded guys with bottles and chains.
This evening I had the pleasure of seeing Ralph Nader give a speech on campus. He was hilarious, informative, a bit abrasive, and generally a very effective speaker. The only mistakes he made were mispronouncing "noxious" two or three times, and calling us "Northwestern" before quickly correcting himself at the end of his speech.
Quotes of the day:
"Right now we have the most craven, stupid, self-immolating Republican Party in history."
"This is ridiculous... intimidation by idiots?"
"There are more college students in Boston than rodents. Which is not true in Washington, D.C."
"The more you're turned off by politics, the more politics is gonna turn on you. In ways you will not like."
"James Inhofe from Oklahoma. You've gotta study this guy to believe that such a creature ever crawled up to Capitol Hill." --- Ralph Nader
"Twinsies! ...I'll never say that again." - Laura
And yeah, James Inhofe? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Inhofe
Crazy stuff right there.
No comments:
Post a Comment