Run down and a little bit sick, this was a pretty disheartening day. My classes were rather nondescript, and Peace through Play went horribly. We accomplished nothing with the 4th graders and they were intensely mean to each other, totally disregarding the volunteers. All I wanted to do when I got home was to take a nap before the M^3 at 7:30, and so I did, accidentally falling asleep in Iris' room. When she woke me up around 6 or so, I deliriously imagined that I had some other meeting to attend and briefly panicked.
At the M^3 we built toothpick and marshmallow towers in teams of "disabled people." Some were "mute," some "blind," and some could only use their pinky and ring fingers; I was in this last camp. I learned a valuable lesson from this exercise: never hire blind people to build anything. Post-meeting I grabbed dinner with Sean and Shannon and retired for the evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment