Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cambridge Is a Drag

          The Greek consul-general came to talk in my Comparative Politics class today, but I was distinctly unimpressed by his public speaking skills. His voice was too low for a typical room, let alone the mid-sized lecture hall we occupy. Combined with his accent (inevitable) and unnaturally slow tempo of speech, he had an effective recipe for sleep prepared. In American Government, Professor Urman mentioned Platoon and played a song from it, which was interesting seeing as we watched it so recently. He then referred to Associate Justice Clarence Thomas, who wandered into the Red Onion last summer when I was working on the kitchen crew. The break between classes wasn't long enough and I snagged a cupful of shrimp tempura sushi, which proved to be a great move.
          Iris and I ventured into Cambridge to see the Hasty Pudding Theatricals, a show put on by Harvard for 164 years now. The cast is entirely male, and the show is partially done in drag. The singing and dancing was phenomenal, but the show was two and a half hours long, and we returned home drained of all energy. Sabrina and I did some work on a musical class composition; my lyrics are highly reminiscent of Thunder Road-esque Springsteen.
          Quote of the day:
"My ignoring power is unfathomable." - Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment