April 1st -- le Poisson d'Avril, in France. Alaric saran-wrapped several doors in our hallway, including his accomplice Ben's. Since I'd fallen asleep before he left, he did my shower head, toilet seat, and Joseph's bathroom door as well; the latter two were removed before I woke up, and the first was mine to discover. Additionally, he dish-soaped my bathroom door handle, but I narrowly avoided falling victim to this trick. In short, 1/10: minimally trolled.
My family arrived for a visit around 11:30 this morning. We lunched with Iris in IV, and I reintroduced my parents to Alaric, Sean and Heather. We then met Amy at the MFA, somehow my first visit to the museum, where we spent most of our time in the musical instrument, jewelry and contemporary exhibits. I'm not a fan of exceedingly ornate art or decoration, and the sometimes stark or minimalistic nature of modern art holds great appeal for me. New York City's MoMA is my favorite museum in the world, easily beating the Met or the Louvre. In the evening we went to California Pizza Kitchen with Iris, Ryan holding her hand all the way, and caught up on upstate New York news. Predictably, I spent much of the night working on my comparative politics final paper, though I did catch a couple of hour-long naps.
No comments:
Post a Comment