This morning, my father went after me again, shouting, "Join the human race!" It was a challenge forcing myself not to retort with, "Based on past performance, I'd rather not." It was a blessing escaping to Logan's, catching up with him and stopping by Hungry Bambino for a couple of slices. Later, we played an extremely tight Heroclix game, with Logan playing a general Outsiders hero team versus my Masters of Evil/Spidey villain team. I was ahead for a long while, partly due to Logan rolling terribly and our oversight of various advantages he possessed, but he came back to win at the very end with some expert strategy and saving dice throws. He also showed me all of his new smartphone's contacts, with a different comic book character for everyone -- I got Mr. Freeze. After the match, we called Iris and had Logan sing and play piano for her. Later, I remade my boring "Andy" guest account on Logan's 360 into one called "sweetgurl94," complete with that Need For Speed babe-licking-lollipop avatar. First we played Injustice, the new DC arcade-style fighting game, and of course Logan mopped the floor with me. (The game is quite aesthetically pleasing, though I dislike the big, cinematic multi-hit combos that are built into the stages.) We then played some Watchmen: Episode 1 co-op, with Logan graciously playing as Nite Owl and allowing me to play Rorschach. This was an enjoyable, if somewhat underwhelming experience. It's pretty cool that they retained the actual actors for the voices, though. After Logan went to sleep, I stayed up as usual to peruse his new comics; tonight, the selection was Arkham Reborn and Batman Inc. The latter was far darker than the rather silly title might suggest, and it even provided some quotes for the walls of 1023 Tremont next year.
Quotes of the day:
"Krush wants Starfire dead!" - Logan
"I sang for Andy's girlfriend." - Logan, to Allie
"Must brush teeth. Good hygiene keeps scum away." - me, doing a Rorschach impression
No comments:
Post a Comment