Brian and I spent some time at my house, where I gave him a brief introduction to 4chan and Reddit with only a twinge of regret. We also looked into travel possibilities for Bonnaroo, settling on either flying Southwest or taking a bus. After this, Josh arrived with his canoe and we set out on an expedition down the Esopus Creek. It was a glorious summer day with a moderate temperature and a warm breeze, and as we paddled down the creek, everything felt just about right. We climbed out to inspect ruins on the banks, hallooed and whistled, and argued about whether the creek loops around to where we started (it doesn't.) Eventually, we turned around due to a brewing thunderstorm, finding time to sing "I'll Make a Man Out of You" on the way back. We got out of the water just in time, as the biggest thunderstorm of the summer smashed into Saugerties. We parked in the village and waited the worst of it out. Brian did leave the car to fix the fattest and ugliest canoe-securing knot in the world, courtesy of Josh. After things quieted down slightly, we dropped in at Starway for diner food. Later on, Brian and I watched
Les Miserables at the garage. It's kind of a strange history for us; he loved
Rent when he didn't like much other music, and I didn't understand the preoccupation with musicals. Now, I'm the Broadway geek and he's not into that stuff any more. Hence, I was pleased when he said that
Les Mis was good.
Quotes of the day:
"Ooooohhh, bad job Brian." - Brian
"[redacted] doesn't know her asshole from her lip!" - Josh
"DSPTKKYC. Dry skin pigeon toed knob knees young cock. Sometimes there was an HB in there -- hunchback." - Brian
 |
| A more populated area on the banks of the Esopus. (Sorry for poor formatting but it looked terrible smaller.) |
No comments:
Post a Comment