I apologize for all of the dream-related posts recently, but I use this as a journal as much as - if not more than - an outlet for others to read, and dreams are one of my favorite things. I've done my best to appropriately preface these and make them separate paragraphs so that they can be skipped easily. That said, the pattern of long, vivid, nonsensical dreams has continued. This one began on a train, but I soon got off at a place called Mavis Station. A voice on the intercom announced that a streaker had been spotted in the area, and I observed that all of the Asians nearby were visibly rattled. I stopped to look at a sign or something, and somebody behind me (despite having a great deal of room to move) started heckling me. This was our conversation: "Come on dude, walk your way." "Don't tell me what to do." "Fuck you, buddy!" "No, fuck you, you fucking fool!" Pleased that I'd had the last word, I headed to a restaurant where I sat briefly with J. Jonah Jameson and we discussed "the funny papers." Soon afterward, I found myself in Boston with Matt, walking through three feet of floodwater like it didn't matter. We slogged by beautiful old shops, art galleries, and even the MFA before settling in at a tall hotel. I went to turn up the air conditioning and woke up.
I had a phone appointment with my co-op advisor today, which was largely unsatisfying. Essentially, all she had to offer was that a new job with the MBTA was coming down the pipe and would be made available to me and "3 or 4" others, meaning that I'm still playing the waiting game. In the meantime, I've added some new applications on COOL; hopefully there's less competition to acquire the open positions now. My father broke two ribs in a fall today. He's okay in the strict sense of the word, though the piteous moans every time he moves are cringeworthy. I worry that this is the harbinger of nothing ever being done on our house again; though in the past I'd predicted that the house will be unfinished in perpetuity, this is an actual event tending toward that result. My fingers and ribs are crossed for his quick and full recovery.
No comments:
Post a Comment