Thursday, May 30, 2013

Law Is a Battlefield

          I received an offer for a second interview with the firm I last spoke to, so next Tuesday is now a day of judgment. As evening fell, Brian helped me root out some invasive bamboo plants in our backyard. After speeding though this job, we headed to Sam's for a small get-together around the fire. Also present were Evan, Murphy, Josh, Ian B, Katie S, and an old acquaintance named Heather who opened a conversation with, "Look at these dick pics of my 29-year old boyfriend." We smoked some amazing watermelon tobacco in the hookah and enjoyed a lively conversation.
          Quotes of the day:
"She's like a blunt object hitting you every time she speaks." - Brian
"Murphy, I'm letting that go because you're on your period." - Josh
"You've never been in my Charger. That's all that plays in that car. Pat Benatar." - Evan
...
Me: "You're pulling down a lot of scratch at Yum Yum, right?"
Ian B: "I'm glad you called it scratch."
...
Katie S: "Who's calling me now?! I've had so many calls today."
Josh: "What a backhand brag."
...
Me: "I could post, 'I beat cancer!' and I'd get 3 likes."
Evan: "I probably wouldn't even like it."

No comments:

Post a Comment