Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Clipper City Is an Army

          Today, I discovered a far more efficient path to the Mass Ave stop, a path in one of the corridor parks which eliminates the need to walk all the way down to the corner of Columbus and Mass Ave. I'm glad this went where I'd hoped it would, since I was running very late this morning and decided to try a new path and test my luck. I ended up being only a minute late, which is fine because I don't actually record hours at work. My day inched by with nothing to do, though I would like to mention that legal pads are amazing for keeping notes. Something about them -- the size, or weight, or color, or something -- is just great. Also, the difference between the staffs at the post offices around here is amusing. At the one down the street, the staff is a bunch of chatty, over-tanned, aging blonde ladies (you know the type); at the office near the Brooke courthouse, it's a couple of gruff older guys who display just a hint of "we're Federal employees" camaraderie. In the evening, Iris baked a delicious pineapple pizza to share.
          Quotes of the day:
"He's full of shit. He's in contempt!" - Jeremy, being a badass
"These people would fight over a toenail." - Jeremy

No comments:

Post a Comment