Morning came, but the hot water did not. Shaving with freezing water is about the most painful an experience can be while still qualifying as mundane, including bad sunburns and maybe even paper cuts. Unless this is rectified soon, I'm liable to share some of my agony with the management, Sweeney Todd-style. Work was a slow grind of document drafting, phone calls, and sorting through enormous piles of paper for a client who's seeking elder care from MassHealth -- nothing to write home about. I was also quite tired by the end of the day, which led to an awkward moment wherein I greeted someone on the phone with, "Hello, [full name]!" because I was working on their file and very preoccupied at the moment. It wasn't that person, and I'm unsure whether that made it better or worse. After work, I went to Symphony Sushi and had a wonderful time with Iris, Eve and Julianne, this being the first time I've seen the latter two in several months. Iris' friends from home are all quite likeable and entertaining, which is a happy turn of events for me.
Quotes of the day:
"There's a better chance for the Camp David Accords." - Jeremy, on a settlement offer
"That was fun. No it wasn't." - Julianne
...
Eve: "If I go really slowly, nothing can go wrong."
Julianne: "The Titanic sank really slowly."
No comments:
Post a Comment