Saturday, August 24, 2013

Want a Peanut?

          Sean and I walked over to 1023 TreTre to try and get some info from the residents, but no one was home. We then retired to IV to play more hotseat Advance Wars, which went well for a time. A knock on the door turned out to be the RD of IV, who questioned my presence and asked me to meet him in his office. This led to an exceedingly uncomfortable meeting in which he instructed me to quit the building by Wednesday, albeit with a touch of understanding for my situation. Another complication -- this week is spiraling out of control. At least I ran into Jackie in the lobby, which was a ray of light in a dark afternoon. In the evening, Sean and I grabbed food at Wolly World and came back to IV to drink a bit and watch The Princess Bride with Shandana. As it turns out, the summer has turned us into utter lightweights, and we were well and buzzed on two shots each. For the record: The Princess Bride is a wonderful, wonderful drinking movie. It's got everything you could desire: action, adventure, romance, witty comedy, mystery, vintage charm, exuberance, a certain je ne sais quoi, and a happy ending. Worrying about where I'm going to live through the 31st can wait for the weekend.
          Quotes of the day:
"Literally poking the artillery to death." - Sean
"Would you be offended if I said you remind me of Vizzini a little bit?" - Sean
...
Me: "Miracle Max. Imagine being a king and having someone working for you that works miracles."
Sean: "And firing them. 'Your miracles aren't good enough.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment