Saturday, August 10, 2013

Consensual Cereal

          After waking up in the late afternoon, I ran around and cleaned everything in the apartment, as I am wont to do at random times. Sean and I played an enormous amount of Civ IV and watched an equal volume of JLA, including an episode with this little gem of dialogue:

Brainiac: "You used me."
Darkseid: "It's what I do."

          JLA is delightful, if predictable. Its mindlessness lends it to background watching during other activities, and the fight scenes are so telegraphed that after watching a few episodes, one can typically predict what will happen before it does. Plus, the good guys mostly always win in a garishly over-the-top, 'MURICA sort of way, which makes it useful for improving one's mood when the main activity is a drag (see: losing in Civ IV.)
          Quotes of the day:
"I'm busy raping William Van Oranje's economy with cereal." - Sean
"Too bad I put red in all your blue!" - Sean, re: Darkseid

No comments:

Post a Comment