Friday, November 14, 2014

Barry Bonds

          My hair was Alfalfa-status this morning. I worked very hard and the day went by quickly. Everyone seemed checked out by 4:00, sitting around and chatting. I went home and immediately began to prep for Nathan's birthday party; everyone pitched in then or at various earlier points to get the apartment clean and ready to go. Prior to the planned start time, I ventured across the Fens to meet my guy, and he kept me waiting for about ten minutes in the cold (again!) Regardless, we arrived at excellent terms for a large quantity of bible worksheets; this was well worth the awkward back-and-forth stroll behind the MFA, and as a bonus, was not at the back of Mission Hill. Another plus is that this guy is quite friendly when he does show up, and we talked a bit about hockey since I was wearing my Northeastern jersey. He's from Panthers territory, and I would probably be making fun of them if they weren't all-stars compared to NU right now.
          Once the party started, I broke from my usual routine and stayed in the kitchen to monitor the alcohol. I ran the drink dispensing and money collecting rackets for most of the evening, making conversation where possible but often having to move people along to make room. Nathan was quite drunk and seemed to be enjoying himself, so I turned my attention elsewhere. The best parts of my night were spent with Matt T, Emily, Jules, and a perfectly blitzed Erika. (The last of whom we continually threatened to rat out for drinking on the pep band listserv, or better, in a private email to JL.) As per usual, I was drunk also, but again failed to get as hammered as intended.
          Quotes of the day:
"I'm an engineer!" - Erika
"Okay, you're a civil engineer, so let's not be throwing around the e-word just yet." - Matt T
"With steel-toed boots, anything and everything does happen. Except for toe injuries." - Matt T
"I should draw you like one of my French girls." - Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment