THE NORTHEASTERN MEN'S HOCKEY TEAM WON A GAME! The score was an unconvincing 2-1, and we turtled against the boards for a solid minute at the end, and we were up against Hockey East's second-worst (now rock-bottom) team, but we beat someone! The Huskies' record is now 1-8-1, and this poopsicle of a season can only improve. Highlights: Jules throwing a chocolate chip pancake on the ice during chuck-a-puck; standing right in front of JL and trying to mask the fragrance of alcohol; winning the game; free hand towels! I don't know if I've flipped out that hard since the Rangers beat the Penguins this spring -- jumping up and down, dropping my stuff, screaming my lungs out. And however improbably, we're now above UNH in the standings!
Did I mention this was the alumni game? After WE WON, numerous of us flocked to Punter's for brewskis. I parked it at a table with Jules, Nathan, Matt T, Starkey (+ companion), Tim, and eventually Ariel and Iris. Other alumni were scattered at a couple of other tables, joined by Anne-Marie, but I didn't stray over there. Punter's is my least favorite bar -- it reeks of piss, its sound system is limited to bass notes, and the place is somehow cash only. Still, it was a blast catching up with folks and murdering pitchers of beer. Once some time had passed, I excused myself to meet Johnny, Tom, Alaric, Nathan, and Jules at our place. All of us except Nathan smoked, and he was quite drunk himself (though I was inattentive to this fact.) We tried to order pizza, changed our selection at least twice, and Nathan orchestrated the whole thing. When it arrived and he went down to collect, I got a call: "Can you guys bring some more money down?" Our cart had not cleared, and instead of the expected two pizzas, we were granted four pizzas and two boxes of cheese bread. This was the best worst thing ever to happen, or perhaps the worst best. Lesson learned: Don't let the drunk guy work the online ordering system without proper supervision.
Quotes of the day:
"I don't think operating construction machinery while naked is a good idea." - Emily
"That's my niece. Yeah, I gotta be careful on Tinder, people think she's my kid..." - Tim
...
Emily: "Keep my mom out of this."
Sean: "The hard part is keeping me out of your mom."
No comments:
Post a Comment