I was once again put on creamer patrol and took the Red Line to Whole Foods, walking the rest of the way in a light rain. It was actually a peaceful jaunt, and I got back to the office raring to work. (Despite wet socks.) Somehow, that wore off before lunchtime and was replaced with a creeping, shell-shocked mental fatigue. Little things started to go wrong: I wasn't confident in my work, my friendship with Becky is on the rocks, I thought Emily was angry at me, and my coworkers seemed to forget that we had plans for the evening. (Granted, everyone was tired and the weather was dreadful.) Feeling worn down and raw, I decided to stay late and make some overtime; for half an hour, I distributed lawyer's diaries and new calendars to empty offices, and at the end my mood was slightly improved. Once home, I pleaded with Alaric and Nathan for help cheering up. We watched
The Sopranos and
Arrow with effective Bada Bing action, and it was good.
Quotes of the day:
"His ass was the MVP." - Emily, re: Rick Nash
 |
| Is it just me... |
 |
| ...or do these guys... |
 |
| ...remind you of anyone? |
No comments:
Post a Comment