Saturday, November 22, 2014

War of the Roses

          I slept until 4 pm, then went into rush mode on the party playlist for Malcolm. Once I'd made snap decisions on most of the remaining material, I packed up my stuff and headed to Willis. Malcolm's external HD transferred over a day's worth of music in under a minute - marvels of technology taken for granted. Alaric and I met up and walked up to Allie, Lena and Lauren C's place on Hillside for Harrison's surprise welcome-back party. He's been in Peru for a semester and was dearly missed. Even though the surprise guests were not sneaky in the slightest, Harrison was blown away (he was expecting maybe 5 or 6 people) and said he felt weak in the knees. A live band called Tommy & the Dreams came and jammed for our enjoyment. Highlights: Smoking with the band (baby's first dab!); chatting with some dude about the Civil War and the Scouts; narrowly avoiding a senseless fight with that same guy; finding out Carisa is an honest-to-god real life Sharks fan; smoking with Carisa and Lena; finally burying the hatchet and becoming friends with Rose; the sangria/apple juice/apple slice bowl of deliciousness; Jeremiah Weed str8 out the bottle; three godly pies that were somehow largely untouched; Jacq going off; Jacq's younger sister going off; Harrison's little brother going off; discussing otherworldly experiences with Eliot and Eric; just sitting in a circle in the alley outside. I took a long trek back in the cold to meet with Emily at home.
          Quote of the day:
"We don't talk about Marleau." - Carisa

No comments:

Post a Comment