Saturday, November 1, 2014

Beyond the Wall

          All I'm saying is that Coldhands would be a sick band name. I also forgot to mention that last night, I purchased a Clamato + Budweiser concoction on a whim; that's basically a savory, spicy, alcoholic V8, and ~4 out of 12 daring testers liked it. After everyone watched TV and digested last night's action, we gathered all the wounded warriors (there were 10+), took a knee, and knocked them back. The others left for Jared's straightaway, while I stuck around a little longer to finish out the Rangers/Jets game. Lundqvist and Pavelec each logged shutouts in a tense, scoreless affair; the Rangers fell in the shootout, but I can't even be mad.
          I went the long way to Jared's, walking down Longwood to the medical school campus, then doubling back down Huntington. It was quite chilly, and when I got to Jared's, the glass in the front door was promisingly steamy. I made a splash as Ernie from Sesame Street, complete with huge, terrifying mask. This was another huge party; there was appreciable overlap with last night's guests, but it was switched up at the same time. Andrew P made me carry his beer over from last night, so I taxed him a Miller Lite and settled in. Jared and the boys apparently obtained 8 handles for $80 in New Hampshire, but the ensuing shots of Zhenka were surprisingly tolerable.
          Dave Z, Nathan and I party-hopped, dropping by the Phons to see how things were going there and return Laura's Hit Girl throwing star. I chatted with Meredith, took a shot with Lauren B, and played slap cup until someone knocked a full cup onto Sarah. We bailed after maybe 45 minutes and returned for more dancing at Jared's (Ryan L was DJ once again) and more drinks as well. Spill-wise, this was the worst night I ever had: 3 party fouls in under an hour and a half, one of which was on the stairs (1/2 nightmare, 1/2 extra convenient) and another that I wiped up with my socks. I enjoyed a long heart-to-heart with Erika before Emily and I walked home in the extreme cold.
          Quotes of the day:
"She looks like a Lenscrafters model." - Alaric, re: Felicity Smoke
"This is like Samwell Tarly going beyond the Wall." - Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment