Sunday, November 16, 2014

Start the Buses

          With some help, I clambered out of bed for the men's basketball season opener at TD Garden. As always, we would start with a game against the hated Boston University. The game was characterized by long, messy streaks where no one seemed capable of scoring, as well as numerous 3-pointers by a revitalized Walker. At the halfway mark, we were down by several points. The band and dance team went out on the floor to dance to "Thriller", and though I would have liked a practice run-through to refresh my memory, it was far from disastrous. The crowd seemed into it, and the rest of the music played by us and by the BU pep band was tight. We even outnumbered them at this game. The second half gave us a hair-raising game of catch-up, a ten-point comeback, and finally Northeastern came out on top: 71-65! Of course we were hyped to the max, and I proudly won a bet with Matt T, who had claimed that our basketball team was going to win before our hockey team could. He owes me a beer, but who can complain when we've trashed BU in 3 out of 4 sports this week? Other highlights: "Centerfold"; my prophecy that the other team would commit an offensive foul on the next play; howling at foul shooters.
          An XBOX HUEG group of people returned to Stetty East for victory dinner, where I bulked up on peaches and cherry tomatoes. Shay G and I are on uncertain ground again, and I still can't fathom why our friendship is so strange. I took a few minutes to watch The Simpsons on the TV before returning home for hockey, etc. with Iris, Alaric and Nathan. The craptacular Panthers found a way to crush the Ducks, 6-2 -- must be a feline/fowl thing. Most of the other games were nondescript (San Jose vs. Carolina, 2-0) or disappointing (Chicago vs. Dallas, 6-2.)

No comments:

Post a Comment