Despite an umbrella and raincoat combo, my feet were thoroughly soaked within two minutes of leaving the apartment. After a day of work largely spent becoming less moist, I went home to meet Anne-Marie and watch the only hockey game of the evening: Lightning vs. Rangers. Before long, New York was down 2-0 and I called the final score at 5-1. Ryan Callahan ended up scoring on us twice, a goal by Brian Boyle was narrowly averted, and Marty St. Louis got the only Ranger goal -- I sense bad blood starting to trickle between NYC and Tampa Bay. I was ultimately proven right: a 5-1 ass-kicking. Iris arrived with amazing chicken pot pies to stuff us and displace the sour taste in my mouth. The combination of gravy, work fatigue, and sports-related sadness meant I was dead asleep by 10:30. (Just like after that loss to JMU the other year...)
Quote of the day:
"I don't wanna be famous! I want my win!" - Jeff
No comments:
Post a Comment