Monday, November 24, 2014

Undergrowth

          I slogged through biting wind and rain to the MFA stop and cowered under the shelter there. I then discovered the poor design of said structure, with no protection against the wind and a gap in the roof that effectuates soaked benches. This shelter provides zero protection against rain when there is any wind whatsoever. I eventually gave up trying to stay dry, sat down and tried to ignore the intermittent sprays of icy water to the neck. The nastiness continued throughout the day; even after the rain dried up, a stifling mugginess descended with the sole purpose of making everyone feel horrid. I was later buffeted by unusually powerful winds while trying to stuff a mailbox, which is as fun as it sounds. Note: I'm consistently sent to the bank that's farther away on days with terrible weather.
          At some point in the day, I was seized by an urge to stop by Sugar Daddy's. Iris agreed to meet me, and we combined to purchase incense, hemp rope, screens, papers, and most importantly, a pipe for her. After much hemming and hawing, she selected a vaguely lightning bolt-shaped piece in a deep, mottled green. This is a beautiful piece of work. We went home to give it a go, and Johnny and Alaric joined us for testing. Nathan and Sean stood by as well. We watched some hockey and caught up on Gotham, after which Johnny and I headed over to the Fens to smoke and chat for a while behind the track. I went home and fell asleep directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment