Monday, November 3, 2014

Vlad the Impaler

          After a lull of a couple months, we finally had another attorney-paralegal lunch. Shaela dished about her roller coaster of a career (including narrowly avoiding problems with the mob!) and alluded to office drama while we shared Italian sandwiches. After work, we watched the Blues v. Rangers game, in which we lacked 4 of 6 top defensemen and our top-line center as well, and were narrowly defeated in the shootout by a red-hot Vladimir Tarasenko. Frankly, I was surprised we put up a serious fight at all, and I'm happy with the single point. We then watched the new episode of Gotham, a terrific installment that could have been called The Penguin Show for all its tasty treachery and dirty dealings. Also, a fine interpretation of Zsasz! We followed this with an episode of The Sopranos, buit I succumbed to sleep before I could finish it.
          Quotes of the day:
"I went on a career reshaping jihad." - Shaela
"Make mistakes. You can figure it out. You can always change." - Shaela
"So many pedestrians, so little time." - Chris C

No comments:

Post a Comment