After class, I settled in with a cold sarsaparilla whiskey/ginger beer, kicked back and continued with House of Cards. I cooked up a burger with Swiss, then went into a long and merciful nap. I dreamed that I ran into Maddie at 2:45 a.m., extremely late for my radio show. I looked at my dream phone and saw a text from her, sent prior to our meeting: "hazdam."
As it happened, I woke up with fifteen minutes until midnight, so the dream nearly came true. I hustled to the studio and aside from some unexpected on-air cusswords (courtesy of Fitz & the Tantrums) the broadcast went quite well. Maddie was a model guest, and we had some fun giving shout outs -- hers for the upcoming lol-Mads release, "Look At Your Butt". After the show, I went home to crack open a cider, read a bit of A Dance With Dragons, and for the first time in a while, PTFO in my own bed at something resembling bedtime.
Quotes of the day:
"We have our fingers in every pie and not enough fingers!" - dude in class
"We want heads on tables, people!" - another dude in class
No comments:
Post a Comment