I stayed up all night and executed a thorough cleaning and reorganization of our bathroom. I vacuumed, sprayed and wiped down all of the floor, moved a shelf in there, Comet'd and scrubbed the fuck out of the tub, cleaned up all the ceramic surfaces, and basically did everything. It looks fantastic in there now, or at least as fantastic as it can given how decrepit our apartment is. I followed this up with a bubble bath (taking care not to remove all of my skin with residual Comet) and then a wonderful cold shower. We have a new chore-tracking system in the apartment that should ensure a more equitable division of labor now.
I read A Dance With Dragons, listened to Timeflies, packed for the Baltimore trip and did other stuff on and off before class. My head was lolling for much of IPE, which was especially uncomfortable because Prof. Rodine-Hardy was sitting quite close to me. In CLaw, we held a mock-Supreme Court debate; I was paired up with a Daniel Webster-esque classmate and we debated another pair of "attorneys." We were certainly correct, but the roleplaying element and thus ideological tendencies of the justices scuttled our team.
In the evening, I met Harrison and Alex V at El Pelon for a bite to eat and a chance to catch up. We discussed beards, politics, and LSD. At home, I tested the Baltimore brownies with Peter, Sabrina, Alaric, and Laura, accompanied by Nathan; I napped in my chair but woke before everyone had left. Highlight: Laura laughing so hard that she was unable to tie her shoes.
Quotes of the day:
"Winnipeg ran into the Hamburglar..." - somebody on the NHL forums
"This is why it sucks to be Chief Justice, you have to go first." - the guy playing John Roberts in CLaw
"That's right, go in bold and cold." - Prof. Tolley
"Of course you would say that, you pointy-headed liberal!" - Prof. Tolley
No comments:
Post a Comment