My handwriting seems to be degenerating with disuse. It always had a certain sloppy character, but I should tune it up. Another all-night rush, this time for my IPE midterm essay. I think it turned out alright, and I made it to all my classes to boot. Prof. Rivera-Ottenberger was late again (this is every class we're talking about!) and before she showed, some dude walked in and tried to sell us on paintball tickets. Everybody just clammed up and watched him -- it was embarrassing, and I felt for the guy a little bit. But not really bad, because it's funny what a tough crowd our class is when it comes to answering questions. The lecture was on the coup led by Augusto Pinochet and the army against Salvador Allende in Chile -- a truly fascinating subject in that the United States fully supported the uprising against Allende's elected government. Even the date is interesting: September 11, 1973. Back home, I continued House of Cards with Alaric and we baked up some lemon-peppery chicken nuggets. I found Iris's missing phone, then went to the second 'Round Midnight radio show with Alanna. Apparently her folks love my soul and R&B stuff. I went home and killed the rest of the first season of House of Cards.
Quotes of the day:
"The President is also the Chief Partier." - Prof. Tolley
"Group projects were invented by the Devil to torture us." - Jenny
No comments:
Post a Comment