Saturday, March 14, 2015

Secretary Zevon

          I woke with the lights still burning, but feeling considerably improved. I was content to watch House of Cards with Alaric and Sean for a few hours. (Best quote of the series so far: "That's what God gave us reflexes for. So we can move the fuck out the way when a fridge come out of nowhere!") In the evening, we threw purposefully small but reasonably well-attended party with Steph, Jules, Monica, Trevor, Nick, Malcolm, Alaric, Iris, and Maddie. We invited some but not all of the freshmen, and after a conversation about it they elected not to come. Later, I went to Tasty Burger with Iris for discussion of life events, but was thoroughly drunk throughout and likely not of much help. Eating the burger was three minutes in heaven, though.
          Hockey: Fun night. The Rangers predictably bested Buffalo 2-0. Philly went ape on the Red Wings in a 7-2 bloodletting including a goal from Matt Read, who, according to my sources, still cannot read. Just like the rest of the Flyers. The Wild took down the rival Blues, 3-1. Boston shut out Pittsburgh, 2-0; Winnipeg squeaked by the Lightning, 2-1; Montreal punished the Islanders, 3-1; the Panthers 2-0'd the Hurricanes (what is going on with those?) And finally, the Preds beat the Kings 2-1. I hate Jeff Carter.
          Quotes of the day:
"That's a Zevon lyric. Random love, or abandoned love or whatever. I don't remember the whole line." - Alaric
"In other words, I'm Secretary of Your Ass now." - Alaric

No comments:

Post a Comment