Saturday, March 21, 2015

You Don't Deserve Yourself

          The ebullient Mackenzie, Alaric and Molly watched Hercules while I continued to add to the sports wall. Lauren B canceled on the Andrew Jackson Jihad show, so I managed to enlist Julia to join me at the Royale. We showed up during Jeff Rosenstock's set and picked up a good spot on the floor for the upcoming act. Andrew Jackson Jihad put on a fantastic show with some of my favorite songs: "Love in the Time of Human Papillomavirus", "People II: The Reckoning", and "You Don't Deserve Yourself", among others. I sang my heart out.
          Julia took me on my first Uber ride ever, and we were in Allston in no time. We dropped in at Inbound Pizza for something to eat. While I waited for my calzone to be ready, I overheard this exchange between the worker behind the counter and an irritating customer:

Dude: "What's the best food here?"
Counter guy: "Well, the buffalo chicken pizza sells the most."
Dude: "I didn't ask what sells the most. I asked what's the best."
Counter guy: "...The buffalo chicken pizza is very popular."
Dude: "Are you saying it's the best buffalo chicken pizza in Boston? Huh? Because I'm from Buffalo and [more bullshit...]"

The guy was straight up antagonizing the staff where he was ordering food! Not the smartest of moves. Once properly provisioned, Julia and I went to their apartment down the street and watched Jackie Brown with Jennifer. This is a solid, if less popular Tarantino flick; Sam L. Jackson is coolly menacing, the soundtrack is excellent, and the love interest looks like he should be in black and white movies exclusively. Julia commended me on my use of the phrase "sloppy dick." We stayed up late, alternately reflecting and talking about whatever came to mind.
          Hockey: The vastly improved Wild wiped the floor with the Blues, 6-3. The Canucks dunked the Kings 4-1, taking a four point lead in the playoff race and doing the world a favor. Boston lost to the Panthers in the shootout, further tightening the wild card race in the East. The Rangers narrowly overcame the Hurricanes in OT, 3-2 (why do they always give us problems?) We're second in the East and face the Ducks on Sunday. Also, the Stars 4-0'd the Blackhawks because lols.
          Quotes of the day:
"I want my friend Caprese to date one of my boy friends. She's just so attractive. But her first name is a sandwich." - Mackenzie
"I can't wait for my brothers to get fat." - Mackenzie
"Yeah, we're going to space!" - Ben Gallaty
"We need to drink shitty beer for this song." - Sean Bonnette
"If I was a dude, I would cum in my boxers." - Jennifer
"Well I think we should kill 1/4 of the human population, so." - Julia
"2 servings. That's perfect!" - Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment