Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Tears of Butter

          So check it out: we get an extra day in Baltimore! Tomorrow, we roll out for D.C. I shared lunch with Peter, Sabrina, Jules and Ryan L at Miss Shirley's Cafe, a small chain voted "Maryland's favorite restaurant!" Most of the dishes were even more horrifyingly fatty than those at Phillips -- grits drizzled in x, chocolate available on everything -- and I went with a relatively safe sandwich that happened to include wild greens. Eating this made me feel like a grazing cow. The best part of the meal were my sweet potato fries with citrus aioli on one side and mango ketchup on the other: heaven on earth. Post-lunch, people congregated and we watched The Usual Suspects in Kyle's room after some argument on the subject. The movie was received better than the last time I tried to show that movie to others (everyone falling asleep in Peter's dorm on St. Stephen Street.) We also discussed the letter that the 47 Republican representatives wrote to Iran, controverting the President's authority as the nation's chief ambassador. To sum up in ten words: complete lack of awareness of how U.S. foreign policy works. Here's another three for good measure: boneheaded, shortsighted, treasonous. In the evening, we walked to a nearby Subway in the rain. Later, Jules' Juve Cube vaporized an entire pack of keef, and I watched Spirited Away with Jules, Monica, Trevor, Halley and Maddie. Halley, in particular, has been a serious trooper when it comes to irresponsibility on this trip. It fills us upperclassmen with pride. Jared and I had another long consultation during the night -- now a running tradition. And by the way: the Rangers beat the Islanders again. That's 2 of 5 for the series. Now, to wipe them out in the playoffs.
          Quotes of the day:
"It's okay, I'm used to ignoring people." - Sabrina
"I should lose my voice all the time so I can be Macy Gray year round!" - Ryan L

No comments:

Post a Comment