Sunday, March 29, 2015
Redtone
I spent much of the day chopping up magazines and rerunning House of Cards with Alaric. Emily and I had planned to go to some kind of murder mystery play on campus, but changed our minds and went grocery shopping instead. We continued to watch House of Cards after this. (Having ravenously watched most of its extant episodes at this point, I have to stop and plug the show. The spider's web of political drama and powerlust is fascinating.) I took a quick nap and dreamed of the obstacle course at camp, which was filled every year with tons of dirt and turned into what we called Mud Valley. I and my fellow staff would bully the scouts through it drill-sergeant style. "Down on your stomach, Scout! I want to see mud in your hair! You'll never be clean again!" That course was also the reason for me knowing someone who needed morphine: one of the guys I worked with had a loose nail enter his knee after working its way out of the soil. So I was running through this place in the dream, but a cat jumped up in my face and I woke with a start. I just lay awake for a while with Emily. It was warm, and quiet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment