Monday, November 2, 2015

Jumpin' Jack Flash 2.0

          I got up early, came home from Jennifer's and left again with time to spare. I needn't have worried about being on time, because it was a rather responsibility-free day at the office; there was a period where I had nothing to do but read magazines and old copies of the Globe. I revisited the idea of getting a Hubway pass for November only, but decided to skip it after contemplating a high-speed death on Mass Ave or Msgr. O'Brien Highway, which would necessarily figure into my commute.
          In the evening, we played some new material at pep band rehearsal. "Dancing Machine" and Trombone Shorty's "Hurricane Season" are challenging, but dope. The lowlight was JL's arrangement of Pentatonix tune "Can't Sleep Love," which he said had been stuck in his head. He has a burning desire to go viral, but has no concept of what will get us there (certainly not his music-major amusement with the reversal inherent in a cover of an a cappella song.) It doesn't play to our strengths at all. At home, I smoked a bit with Alaric and listened to some of the Canucks/Flyers game before crashing.

No comments:

Post a Comment